Some Key Views...
- The President wishes to empower the middle class by cutting taxes and asking the top 1% of the wealthy to pay their fair share in taxes.
- President Obama, like everyone else, wishes to decrease the national deficit by cutting back overall spending through the streamlining of government programs.
- The 2010 Affordable Care Act was President Obama's key legislation, which makes health insurance mandatory without butting out the private insurance companies.
- President Obama is credited with the withdrawal of troops from Iraq, continues to support the rebuilding and democratization of Afghanistan, and presided over the mission which resulted in the death of Usama Bin Laden.
- Finally, President Obama supports marriage equality, which would allow same sex marriage; and is a proponent of a woman's right to choose regarding her reproductive health.